Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DIY Flowers

Here's a short little post showing off my bride's talents and determination. Lately, I've been noticing brides gathering up the bridesmaids and putting them to work... arranging flowers!!! I was actually one of those brides myself. The process is actually quite simple. Depending on the time of the year, you might have an awesome selection of fresh flowers at Fresh Market or Whole Foods. (That is where I found my flowers.) If the selection is not great locally, you can always order online. The flowers below are all examples of DIY flowers. A few pointers: Gerber Daiseys, Roses, and Ranunculus are hearty choices for the south. Hydrangeas are not so great in the heat--make sure you have PLENTY of room in your refrigerator and order extras just in case. Floral tape can be found at any fabric store along with a pretty ribbon to wrap your arrangement in.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: